Preserving Cultural Property
The Red Cross TGCR IHL Essay Award is an essay competition to encourage learning about International Humanitarian Law.
Themes: Each year, the American Red Cross will designate a theme for that year’s competition. For the 2021-2022 competition, the theme is Cultural Preservation in Warfare, including but not limited to: the protection of cultural property during armed conflict, the effects of armed conflict on cultural property, the role of social media in protecting cultural property, cultural property and its effects on cultural heritage, IHL education and its effects on preserving cultural property, or the consequences for those who wrongfully destroy cultural property during armed conflict.
• Maximum word count of 600 words.
• Essays must be written solely by the candidate and cannot have been previously published.
• Only one submission will be accepted per person.
• Entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
• Entries must include the author’s name and contact information.
• Essays must be typed and written in English
Evaluation and Prizes: Winners will be chosen by the TGCR Board of Directors. Prizes are as followed: 1st Place – Generation 2 Apple Air Pods; 2nd Place – Fujifilm Polaroid Camera; 3rd Place – Doss Bluetooth Wireless Speaker.
• DEADLINE EXTENDED: 11:59 pm (Central Time) on MARCH 14, 2022 • Winners will be contacted around the middle of March.